Today is Thinking Out Loud Day! Linking up with Amanda over @Runningwithspoons!
Also acknowledging Jessie over @Jessieloves2run for letting the world know how hard it is for us bloggers to write introductions – seriously the hardest part of blog writing! #truth
So today, it’s straight on to the randoms!
- You remember last week I mentioned about how my dreamy sleep is affecting me? Well, time to take some action! As I have tried pretty much everything to gain deep sleep, one of the last problem indicators could be low levels of magnesium. Recommended by many trusted bloggers I follow and my Coach, I went with the M3 supplement from Pure Pharma. This hopefully should help promote deeper sleep and aid my muscle recovery after CrossFit (which of course had been hindered by my sleep). Started last night and will keep you posted on my progress.
2) Banana Chips
- You guys, these are the bomb. I love crisp banana chips but every time I find them in stores I look at the ingredients and find they are fried in nasty vegetable oil and are sweetened with sugar. Not these ones though – coconut oil and honey! Woop woop!
They taste amazing! I bought them on holiday and forgot we had them! Not like me at all! Incredible on their own but dipped in almond butter…. holy guacamole! (Actually, speaking of guacamole, they would probably be amazing with that too!).
3) Himalayan Sea Salt
- I have been wanting to trade my regular sea salt for Himalayan sea salt for a while now, so when I spotted this in Costco – complete with grinder – for £3.50, I knew I had to pick it up!
Why Himalayan? Well it is a purer form of salt and therefore has more health boosting minerals, helping your body even more so than regular salt. It can be absorbed quicker into your body and is free of toxins. Simply a higher quality product. Better quality = more nutritional benefit!
4) Mystery Holiday
- I spotted this offer in one of my emails – would anyone ever purchase a mystery holiday??!! I would never have the courage to do this, mostly because I would worry it would be a waste of money and precious holiday leave. I know technically you could get an amazing bargain but there are certainly a few cities in Europe I wouldn’t want to visit – why not plough the money into one you do want to visit? Crazy!
5) Rewarded for exam results?
- I was listening to my favourite news debate show this morning and they were talking about parents rewarding their children for getting good exam results – is this good or bad? I thought back to when I got my standard grades – I got £10 for each A I got, then it went down to £5 for a B and £3 for a C. I was so chuffed with that – it wasn’t motivation (fear of failure was enough of a motivator for me) but for some kids I guess the temptation of a prize or reward would be. I don’t think that’s necessarily bad, do you? Doesn’t have to be money – some of the folk debating got bikes, laptops (to promote future study), a family meal out, tickets to an event. However, what I was surprised to hear was that the average reward in the UK for good grades is now £600! SIX HUNDRED POUNDS! WHAT!
Now I know I was in school a long time ago now and with inflation and all that jazz kids would now get more but THAT MUCH more!? Lucky kids….
- Starting next week, I am going to be posting 3 times a week instead of 5. I want to do a lot of prep work before starting school on the 15th and don’t want to be cramming up my days or having to make a choice between school and blogging – keeping things stress free over here (or that’s the aim anyway!). So will probably go for posting on a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday – see how it goes. Eeek!
7) School Books!
- And speaking of going back to school, I got my school books in the post this week! YAY! Can’t wait to do some pre- school reading and then crack on with the work books once school begins!
Have you tried any new foodie products recently?
Would you go on a mystery holiday?
Were you rewarded for good grades?