Ever feel like you don’t do enough? Like you aren’t enough? Like your time has drifted away from you with nothing to show for it?
If we are honest, I think we all feel this at least sometimes, if not all of the time.
That is why, every 2nd week, I link up with Meghan @CleanEatsFastFeets for ‘Week in Review’. As the week passes, note down everything you have achieved, both the big and the small, then take a look at your long list. Show it to someone else (in my case, you my readers!) and see what they think.
Have you changed your opinion of yourself and your week? I guarantee you will think differently about your week and it’s worth. Let yourself be present in what you have achieved and be proud!
My week in review…
The week in week out bits and bobs…
Meal planned and food prepped for the week
Did the weekly shop – including going to 4 different stores to find our newspaper! Oi!
Cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for the 2 of us for the week
- Did the washing and the ironing
- Wrote 3 blog posts
- Caught up with all the blogs I follow
- Did 4 CrossFit training sessions… its getting so hot in there even at 6am!
The other joys!
- I know it was over a week ago I did this but I think the blog revamp deserves another holler! Love that all my research paid off and really happy with the overall outcome!
- Did some ‘behind the scenes’ blog work – learning SEO a bit more and using what I learned in every post.
- Tried a new recipe – Erin @TheAlmondEater and her amazing idea to whip up avocado to use as a sauce with noodles
- Completed more chapters in my business workbook
- Pay day – did the banking, budgeting and paying the bills for the month
Sorted out our UK banking – the joys of banks in different countries…
Celebrated David’s birthday – I really wanted to make it special because a) It was his 30th and b) We are away from all our friends and family so it was going to be an odd one… except it wasn’t – he had a great time!
– I baked chocolate chip bars for him to take into work and share with his colleagues
-I bought a birthday banner and gave him a bag of all of his favourite treats!
-We enjoyed a fantastic meal at Heirloom, especially this dessert
-and I arrange for a surf lesson, which he took on Saturday and loved! (No sharks, yay!)
Felt like a pretty good wife even if I say so myself! And may I add to the ‘good wife’ card – there is a chicken currently in the slow cooker, which although is adding to the insane heat in the apartment, means that he will have a delicious meal ready for when he comes home from work!
Went clothes shopping and got a few bits for me – I hate spending money so this is a triumph! And we found what we needed to find for David – always good in a new mall where you don’t know where anything is!
Had a good talk with David about self worth, personal goals, thoughts etc – always feel so lucky to have a husband that I can communicate fully with.
Also discussed new paths and plans for the blog and worked out how I can achieve it.
Stuck with my book even though I was unsure where it was going and now I am so glad!
Phew! It was a pretty active week!
Why not give this a go? You will surprise yourself I guarantee it!
Tell me something you achieved this week that makes you smile?
What do you want to do for your next birthday?
Are you a talker or do you like to figure things out yourself?